hashport Monthly Review: April 2022
It’s almost May and we are already four months into 2022. We have been working hard to bring you new features, so sit tight and read on. Let’s recap:
Summary of content and campaigns from April 1 — April 29:
- The hashport team is excited to have met many industry professionals who came from around the world to attend the Bitcoin 2022 conference in Miami. We can’t wait to bring DLT interoperability to #Bitcoin2023!
- What wallets would you like to see integrated on hashport? hashporters suggested several wallet options.
- If there is a dApp that you would migrate to Hedera, which one would it be? A commenter suggested that the top 10 Ethereum dApps could, by migrating to Hedera, “cut costs and increase performance”.
- As a follow-up to our poll about HTS tokens, and questions about hashporters’ favourite Hedera NFT projects and dApps built on Hedera, we ran another poll about additional tokens that they would like to have integrated on hashport.
- The poll revealed some interesting results: Many hashporters voted for Chainlink’s $LINK and Quant Network’s $QNT to be the next-supported token on hashport. Before the poll closed, in a turn of events, Unibright’s $UBT surged to become the frontrunner.
- hashport, along with our validators Calaxy, BCW Group, The HBAR Foundation and many others, respectively host challenges at Hedera22 Hackathon. hashport is hosting the Browser Extension Challenge, where participants can win $5,000 USD worth of HBAR by showcasing their skills and building something extraordinary. Register and make your submission by May 16, 2022.
- Celebrating Earth Day: Encouraged by DOVU’s Matt Smithies, $DOV holders ported their tokens via hashport to gain access to a token snapshot. As a result, transaction volume surged on April 21. More details on their $DOV distribution plans.
- hashport’s NFT feature is now in beta!
Recently, we posted a Twitter thread about the migration of decentralised apps. Check out our article: How hashport can enable dApps to migrate across networks.
Why is dApp migration important? For example, a blockchain-based game built on Ethereum may not reach an ideal transaction speed or cost. With hashport, developers can create circulating supplies of representative tokens on another DLT network such as Hedera. They can migrate tokens and their capabilities while enjoying faster transaction speed and lower cost.
hashport’s NFT functionality is now in beta!
We will soon give you updates on how this works! Watch this space as we bring interoperability to collectibles and digital art on Hedera, Ethereum, and Polygon.
hashport is the enterprise-grade public utility that facilitates the movement of digital assets between distributed networks, extending their functionality in a quick, secure, and cost-effective way. In order to remain platform-neutral, hashport functions without the use of a proprietary token. The network is built on a robust and performant architecture, secured and operated by a group of industry-leading validator partners from around the world. hashport has passed a rigorous security audit and follows industry best practices; regularly performing comprehensive network tests to ensure the integrity of the network.
Disclaimer: The information provided on hashport’s website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice. You should not treat any site content as advice.