hashport Monthly Review: February 2022
This February has been an exciting, eventful month for the hashport team. We focused on recognising active members of the community and engaging hashporters through a series of Twitter polls and AMAs. Let’s recap:
Summary of content and campaigns from Feb 1 — Feb 25:
- In February, we created a series of content in collaboration with Calaxy, and announced our integration of the Venly wallet and the $DOV token.
- More than 1,200 people tuned in to our AMA with Calaxy Co-founder & COO Solo Ceesay, Calaxy CSO Rusty Matveev, Calaxy CTO Cooper Kunz, Polygon’s DeFi Lead Aishwary Gupta, and hashport’s Director of Business Development Jesse Whiteside. Listen to the discussion here.
- Following our integration with DOVU and Venly, we participated in a Twitter Spaces hosted by DOVU, during which we discussed industry trends, use cases, and interoperability. In the follow-up poll, listeners voted that they are most excited about open-source hashgraph and institutional adoption in the DLT space.
- Always eager to learn what hashporters think, we asked you which networks you’d like to see on hashport. The polls received more than 1450 votes — below are the results:
- The hashport community continues to grow thanks to your dedicated support! We’d like to highlight three community-made videos: a Hedera HashCast episode with DOVU CTO Matt Smithies, a hashport walkthrough by Hawes Capital, and a mention on an HBAR Bull video interview.
- Winners for our first Community Spotlight have been announced! Through this event, we recognise hashporters who provide insights on our social media pages and help grow the hashport community as active participants.
- What is cross-chain interoperability and what are its use cases? hashport’s Director of Business Development shares his insights in the latest episode of Venly Expert Talks. Listen in on Spotify.
- hashport participated in an AMA with QiDAO, a Polygon-based DeFi protocol that allows you to borrow stablecoins interest-free against your crypto. During the AMA, we answered questions from members of QiDAO’s Discord channel. Listen to the session on Spotify.
- A tutorial video that guides you step-by-step on how to connect your EVM wallet and Hedera account to hashport.
- BCW Group and LimeChain, validators of hashport, talk about our portal and its implications for the future of DeFi in a recent episode of Web3 with a Splash of Lime.
- Watch Spencer Dinwiddie, Co-Founder & CEO of Calaxy, talk about our collaboration and the future of Web 3.0.
Our goal is simple: to empower users to take full control of their digital assets in order to capitalise on opportunities as they arise. The team at hashport continually works to educate our users in regards to the platform’s technology and service functions. There are three critical processes utilised by hashport to provide cross-chain interoperability, we’ve prepared for you a detailed summary: How hashport Works: Locking, Minting, Burning Tokens
We are excited to feature Calaxy in this monthly review. As our network validator, Calaxy helps to secure the hashport network and facilitates hashport’s governance structure by acting as a member of our governing council. Read more about our collaboration: Calaxy Collaborates with hashport, an Interoperability Solution Built on Hedera
1) ‘NFT’ was chosen as the 2021 Word of the Year. In 2022, hashport continues to keep a finger on the NFT pulse. Exciting news coming soon!
2) hashport is now integrated with Venly wallet. Users will now be able to pair Venly with their existing Hedera account. If you have not yet created a hedera account, you can do so when you pair hashport with Venly for the first time.
4) Manual Recovery Feature: Users will be able to continue their porting execution at any time if their initial porting execution was paused or unsuccessful.
Watch this space for feature updates! Explore worlds of possibility today at app.hashport.network
hashport is the enterprise-grade public utility that facilitates the movement of digital assets between distributed networks, extending their functionality in a quick, secure, and cost-effective way. In order to remain platform-neutral, hashport functions without the use of a proprietary token. The network is built on a robust and performant architecture, secured and operated by a group of industry-leading validator partners from around the world. hashport has passed a rigorous security audit and follows industry best practices; regularly performing comprehensive network tests to ensure the integrity of the network.