Hashport Monthly Review: January 2023
We kickstarted 2023 by integrating a new wallet! 🙌 Read on for our January 2023 monthly review:
Highlights of the Month:
- How did you become an #HBARbarian? We received some interesting stories from the HBAR community. Share your journey with us! 🚀
- During the holiday season, we asked for public feedback on what you would like to see on Hashport in 2023. Suggestions include:
- Adding new tokens such as SOL, XRP, & FTM,
- Integrating more networks,
- Porting NFTs without whitelisting,
- More DeFi opportunities.
- Which token would you like to have added to Hashport? Let us know your suggestions.
- $USDC maintained its position as Top Ported Token in early January, while $WETH took over the top spot in the second week. However, Circle’s stablecoin soon regained its dominance by week 3, & Stader’s $SD surged in popularity by the end of the month.
- We brought Hashporters back to the basics with a Twitter thread on how Hashport works: locking, minting, & burning tokens.
- We published a thread on how HashPack could be integrated on a React/Recoil dApp.
- Stader wrote a deep dive thread on the utility of $SD, the platform’s native token, which is available on the Hashport portal.
- Our validator LimeChain played a key role in the development of Hashport & continues to help us enable interoperability for you — the Hashporters! Learn more by reading their thread about Hashport & interoperability.
- Our validator BCW Group attended the World Economic Forum in Davos along with representatives from The Hashgraph Association.
- “By leveraging the Hedera Consensus Service, we benefit from all of the network’s security properties.” hashport was joined by Flare, Pangolin, & HBAR community leaders at Generation Infinity’s Twitter Spaces.🎙️ Jump to the 27:30 mark for our sharing:
- “You’re going to be able to use our integration with Hashport to bridge your AVAX from Avalanche directly into USDC or into HBAR or a different asset that’s native to Hedera without having to go to different websites nor connect to different wallets” — Tune in at 41:43 mark for updates about Pangolin’s launch on Hedera.
- Pangolin’s expansion into the Hedera network is supported by Arkhia through the integration of Arhkia’s mirror API & RPC endpoints.
- We look forward to seeing Hedera dApp BUIDLers at Arkhia’s upcoming developer workshop for EMEA on February 3rd. Register now to join the North American edition on Feb 1 at 10pm UTC.
- The HBAR Bull discussed the growth of the Hedera ecosystem infrastructure in 2022 📢 & the importance of interoperability enabled by Hashport 🌉Jump to the 23:52 mark.
- More than 230k Hedera accounts were created as we welcomed 2023!
- Blade Wallet, the web3 wallet that Hashport integrated, achieved the milestone of having more than 250k+ users.
- Blade also partnered with LG Electronics to bring Web3 to the masses, enabling NFT enthusiasts to securely trade digital artworks via the LG Art Lab platform.
- Messari published its Hedera Q4 2022 report, highlighting the growth of network volumes. 📈 Combining the TVL of staking platform Stader & DEXs such as SaucerSwap & HeliSwap, Hedera amassed $75M by the end of Q4. See the full report here.
This month, we added several more ways for Hashporters to access the portal, providing additional EVM connectivity on the EVM side — RainbowKit, Coinbase Wallet, & WalletConnect. You can simply scan the QR code to connect your preferred mobile wallet.
Explore these new gateways on Hashport.
Layer-2 solutions are designed to help scale dApps by handling transactions off the L1 Ethereum Mainnet. Hashport just added Arbitrum & Optimism, providing greater network access to Hashporters.
Learn more about the integrations: New Layer 2 Networks: Arbitrum & Optimism on Hashport!
How well do you Know Your Tokens? 💡 All of Hashport’s supported tokens have a home in this blog! Also, you can conveniently find each token’s ID for associations. 🪙
Easily access token info HERE: Hashport Explores: Know Your Tokens
hashport is the enterprise-grade public utility that facilitates the movement of digital assets between distributed networks, extending their functionality in a quick, secure, and cost-effective way. In order to remain platform-neutral, hashport functions without the use of a proprietary token. The network is built on a robust and performant architecture, secured and operated by a group of industry-leading validator partners from around the world. hashport has passed a rigorous security audit and follows industry best practices; regularly performing comprehensive network tests to ensure the integrity of the network.
Website | Twitter | Reddit | Telegram | LinkedIn | YouTube | GitHub
Disclaimer: The information provided on hashport’s website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice. You should not treat any site content as advice.