hashport Monthly Review: June 2022
We are halfway through 2022 and what a year it’s been so far. During these volatile times, hashport remains committed to building the best features & experiences for the community. We are working on a lot of updates behind the scenes and will be announcing them soon. For now, let’s take a look at what we accomplished in June.
Highlights of the Month:
- Consensus2022 was a huge success and it was great meeting so many dapps and industry professionals from the DLT space.
- hashport celebrated World Environment Day by encouraging the community to offset their carbon footprint and access staking on DOVU by porting $DOV via hashport.
- hashport’s on display! We got listed at pole position on Hedera’s directory of decentralised applications and use cases.
- Hedera officially recognises the platform as official issuers of wrapped $HBAR on Ethereum and Polygon networks.
What’s new at hashport:
hashport sponsored a browser extension challenge at Hedera22 and a big congratulations to Kirati S. for winning with A porting of Metamask KeyringController for Hedera Hashgraph! Learn more about this challenge in our blog.
- On June 15, tune.fm’s $JAM token was integrated onto hashport, enabling interoperability with the Polygon and Ethereum networks. tune.fm is a decentralized web3 music streaming platform and NFT marketplace built on the Hedera network. Read this blog to know more about the integration.
- We recently shared a sneak peek of the new UI for hashport. We will be announcing the launch of our new UI soon.
- The HBAR Foundation and The HBAR Bull hosted a Twitter Space with hashport and tune fm where they discussed the $JAM token integration, its use cases and what’s coming for hashport and tune.fm in the near future. Check out the AMA which is featured on The HBAR Foundation YouTube Channel to know how tune.fm plans to leverage hashport to disrupt the music industry.
- Hex Trust’s Head of Customer Success, Giorgia Pellizzari & hashport’s Director of Business Jesse Whiteside participated in a video interview hosted by The HBAR Bull.
- $26 million big ones for Calaxy, securing their strategic funding co-led by hashport validators The HBAR Foundation and Animoca Brands with additional support from Polygon Studios.
- Hex Trust expands to Dubai after obtaining the provisional Virtual Asset MVP License, necessary for conducting business in the region.
- Hex Trust and Polygon have joined forces by integrating Polygon’s $MATIC token to provide institutions access to DeFi.
Tune.fm’s $JAM tokens are now available on hashport. The token symbols for wrapped $JAM on Ethereum and Polygon networks will be $JAM[eth] and $JAM[0x], respectively.
$JAM Token Addresses
- $JAM — — 0.0.127877
- $JAM[eth] — — 0x2F3AFd7373F6dD960Afd083FB2F0AC2303285ef7
- $JAM[0x] — — 0xB98cE6b4c3148f30C24012ab5Fc83C16eBceE369
hashport’s Jesse Whiteside and Hex Trust’s Head of Customer Success, Giorgia Pellizzari joined The HBAR Bull for a video interview. In case you missed it, watch the video or read the transcript.
Hedera22: Keyring Controller for Hedera Wins hashport’s Browser Extension Challenge. Read our blog on it here.
Tune.fm’s $JAM tokens have been integrated into hashport! Learn more about how you can move $JAM tokens across DLT networks by using hashport.
hashport can’t wait to announce the exciting new updates and developments in our pipeline. With new tokens and networks on the way, we are continuing to realise the future of interoperability.
hashport is the enterprise-grade public utility that facilitates the movement of digital assets between distributed networks, extending their functionality in a quick, secure, and cost-effective way. In order to remain platform-neutral, hashport functions without the use of a proprietary token. The network is built on a robust and performant architecture, secured and operated by a group of industry-leading validator partners from around the world. hashport has passed a rigorous security audit and follows industry best practices; regularly performing comprehensive network tests to ensure the integrity of the network.
Disclaimer: The information provided on hashport’s website does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice. You should not treat any site content as advice.