hashport Monthly Review: March 2022
March has been an exciting month for hashport, in which we saw an increase in community engagement and in transaction volume. There will be so much more coming in April, but first, let’s recap:
Summary of content and campaigns from March 1 — March 31:
- Transaction volume surged, in part due to hashporters porting the $DOV token from Ethereum to Hedera and earning rewards through the DOVU staking programme.
- This month, community engagement increased as hashporters responded en masse to our numerous polls and questions about their favourite Hedera NFT projects, dApps built on Hedera, and which ERC-20 tokens and HTS-based tokens they would like to have integrated on hashport:
- Our poll about HTS tokens received more than 1150 votes: SaucerSwap’s $SAUCE and tune.fm’s $JAM made a strong case to be the next supported token on hashport. The token for the music streaming platform SIKI, by a margin, received the most votes.
- More than 1,300 listeners tuned in to our AMA with Calaxy Co-founder & COO Solo Ceesay, Calaxy CSO Rusty Matveev, Calaxy CTO Cooper Kunz, Polygon’s DeFi Lead Aishwary Gupta, and hashport’s Director of Business Development Jesse Whiteside. Catch a recording of the conversation here.
- hashport, along with our validators Calaxy, BCW Group, The HBAR Foundation and many others, is sponsoring the Hedera22 Hackathon where developers can build the next game-changing dApp. There is a chance for participants to potentially win up to over $500k in cryptocurrencies by showcasing their skills in the hackathon.
- Over the course of the month, we gave quick snapshots about dApp migration. For a more in-depth look into the concept, read more on our Medium blog “How hashport can enable dApps to migrate across networks”.
- Following up on our previous videos about connecting accounts and setting up your accounts for porting, we released a tutorial video that guides you step-by-step on how to seamlessly port digital assets across networks via hashport.
The integration of the Venly wallet and DOVU token was instrumental in growing the hashport use case. Read more about our recent campaign: ESG & DLT Interoperability: Twitter Spaces with DOVU & Venly
Calaxy Co-founder & CEO Spencer Dinwiddie has something to say about hashport — read more about our collaboration: Interoperability for Creators: AMA with Polygon & Calaxy
1) ‘NFT’ was chosen as the 2021 Word of the Year. In 2022, hashport continues to keep a finger on the NFT pulse. In mid-April 2022, hashport’s NFT functionality will be officially launched and made available to the public.
2) Now that hashport has integrated with the Venly wallet, users have an alternative method to connect their Hedera account. We continue to explore the possibility to integrate another wallet option into hashport.
Watch this space for feature updates! Explore worlds of possibility today at app.hashport.network.
hashport is the enterprise-grade public utility that facilitates the movement of digital assets between distributed networks, extending their functionality in a quick, secure, and cost-effective way. In order to remain platform-neutral, hashport functions without the use of a proprietary token. The network is built on a robust and performant architecture, secured and operated by a group of industry-leading validator partners from around the world. hashport has passed a rigorous security audit and follows industry best practices; regularly performing comprehensive network tests to ensure the integrity of the network.